Delhi, 15 Jan 2022: In a day, Delhi records 20,718 new covid cases and 30 deaths which are lower than the previous day count. But, as per the officials, the dip is only because of the fewer tests conducted than the previous day.

The positivity rate is at 30.64% which is exactly equal to the previous day’s positivity rate. On Friday, 24,383 cases were registered with 34 fatalities in Delhi, with a positivity rate of 30.64%.

On Thursday, the city logged 28,867 cases with 31 deaths with a positivity rate of 29.21%. Since the beginning of the pandemic, this is the sharpest single-day spike. Earlier it was 28,395 cases reported on April 20, 2021.

covid cases delhi
Source: ANI (Representative Image)

The highest number of deaths recorded was 44 in a day on June 10, 2021, followed by 40 deaths, which were logged on Wednesday, 12 January 2022.

According to Maharastra’s senior health officials, the most dominant strain of Coronavirus is still the “Delta” variant.

Dr. Pradeep Vyas, additional chief secretary of the health department, in a letter written to his colleagues on Wednesday, said that the Delta variant was found in 68% samples, out of the over 4,200 analyzed, while the remaining 32% patients were found infected with the Omicron strain.

As per them, this is the case in all the states as per their sample. However, because of the vaccination, hospitalizations requirements are reduced drastically.

According to the Delhi government data, out of 15,494 capacity, only 2518 covid patients are in hospital.

Stay safe as this pandemic is yet to be destroyed.

Stay tuned with Zollical for the latest updates.